3rd International Health Humanities Network Conference
Traumatextualities: Trauma in the clinical, arts and humanities contexts
5th – 7th September 2014, University of Nottingham
Following the huge success of the 2010 and 2012 IHHN conferences in Nottingham and New Jersey (USA), Nottingham Health Humanities and the ICSPCRR (International Consortium for the Study of Post-Conflict Reconstruction and Reconciliation) are pleased to announce the 3rd IHHN conference, to be held in Nottingham in September 2014.
With the centenary of WW1, the occasion to reflect on the broader realities of conflicts and their traumas is of paramount importance. We are looking for papers that will engage with the topics of war, conflict, trauma, PTSD, among others, in a diverse array of contexts, past or present, military and non-military. Papers should have an interdisciplinary approach and serve as the interface between Health and Humanities contexts.
Call for Papers
We seek submission of abstracts for 20-30 minutes presentations, 1 hour symposia, or poster presentations, on (but not limited to):
- Trauma in Literature and the arts
- PTSD (representations of / experiences of in humanities subjects)
- History of Conflict and War
- Individual experience of trauma as represented in in the humanities
- General Health Humanities themed papers (as per the preceding years, there will be several general themed panels)