The new Themed Seed Awards are now live, providing flexible funding that will enable researchers to develop an innovative research response to a strategic challenge defined by the Wellcome Trust.
In this themed Seed Award round, we invite applications that directly address the ethical challenges surrounding social media and health.
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- the ethics of conducting biomedical research using social and digital media
- surveillance and monitoring of online communities
- accuracy, quality and ownership of online health data and information
- individual autonomy and big data generalisations
- intersectional justice and online health
- public, non-profit and corporate use of online health information.
Deadline for applications: 15 January 2016.
To find out more and apply click here.