‘Patient experiences as a resource for choice & decision-making in health’ is an event being organised by The Health Experiences Research Group at the University of Oxford’s Nuffield Department of Primary Care and healthtalk.org at the Geological Society, London
from 17:30 until 19:30 on June 22nd 2015.
- Sue Ziebland, NIHR Senior Investigator and Director of The Health Experiences Research Group, Nuffield Department of Primary Care, University of Oxford
- John Powell, Associate Professor, The Health Experiences Research Group, Nuffield Department of Primary Care, University of Oxford
- Pamela Briggs, Professor of Applied Psychology, Northumbria University
- Bob Gann, Programme Director, Widening Digital Participation at NHS England
- Andy Roberts, Research participant
- Luís Carrasqueiro, Chief Executive, healthtalk.org
Join us to hear the outcomes of iPEx, a 5-year, NIHR-funded programme of study carried out by University of Oxford, Northumbria University, University of Sussex, University of Glasgow, University of Warwick and healthtalk.org, exploring questions such as:
- How and when should patient stories be included in online health information?
- How do patient stories help others?
- How can policymakers make better use of patient stories?
The event will consist of talks from online health information experts and a Q&A session followed by drinks and nibbles. This event will be of particular interest to: health policymakers, health information providers, patient groups and anyone in the medical humanities field.