Colour, Seeing & Seeing Colour
“A Symposium in Two Parts, in Two Places”
An interdisciplinary symposia sponsored by St Cuthbert’s Society and St Chad’s will take place in College St Cuthbert’s College Dining Hall, Monday 4th February, 7.30-9pm and St Chad’s College Chapel, Monday 11th February, 7.30-9pm.
St Cuthbert’s College Dining Hall, Monday 4th February, 7.30-9pm
- Anya Hurlbert (Neuroscientist) Cognitive perspectives on colour perception
- Fiona and Richard Gameson (Medievalists) Personal experience of colour through senses other than sight – blindness and synaesthesia
- Judy Hurst (Artist) Putting Colour on a Blank Page
St Chad’s College Chapel, Monday 11th February, 7.30-9pm
- Tom McLeish (Physicist) A physicist looks at colour through medieval eyes
- Michael Sadgrove (Dean of Durham Cathedral) GOD’S COLOURS?: the symbolism of worship and liturgy
- Mike Huxtable (Medievalist and Colour Phenomenologist) Colouring Chivalry: medieval heraldic perspectives on colours and their evaluation
Refreshments from 7.15pm All Welcome!