The Wellcome Trust Engaging Science team are organising a series of workshops bringing together a group of researchers, science engagement practitioners and individuals working for cultural and community organisations to explore the key challenges and opportunities that can help us make science accessible to all. The aim of this workshop is to explore and debate the challenges and generate ideas on how to make projects accessible, relevant and appealing to these audiences, as well as showcasing existing best practice with a particular focus on:
- the under-fives
- young people and adults from lower socio-economic backgrounds
- patient groups
- rural communities
- black and minority ethnic groups.
The event details are as follows:
- North East (Newcastle) – Wednesday 13 May 2015
- North West (Manchester) – Wednesday 20 May 2015
- Scotland (Glasgow) – Thursday 28 May 2015
- South West (Bristol) – Wednesday 3 June 2015
- South East (Oxford) – Thursday 11 June 2015
If you would like to find out more or would be interested in receiving an invitation to one of the above events please contact us as soon as possible. Please note that places are limited.